(last updated on January 1, 2014)
- Types of Information We Collect
- What We Do With the Information
- Information Access & Opt-Out
- Protecting Children
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- Data Security
- Links to Third Party Sites, Services or Products
- Comments and Questions
- WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION As a general matter, we use information (PII and AAI) collected from and/or about our Audiences to improve our products and services so that they are appealing to as many people as possible, to administer and maintain operations of the Univision Interactive Network, to offer, market and advertise products and services (including those from third parties outside Univision with whom we do business (hereinafter referred to collectively as “our Business Partners”)) to our Audiences, to administer and manage transactions and relationships with our Audiences, to personalize user experiences for our Audiences, and to build a strong community for our Audiences.
2.1.2 Marketing & Advertising Purposes: (1) Interest-based advertising on the Univision Interactive Network We may use your PII and UAI to provide to you interest-based ads (i.e., ads potentially relevant or tailored to your interests) about products and services of Univision and/or our Business Partners. For example, we show ads inside and/or alongside the videos you watch on Univision.com. Sometimes, these ads are based on the topics or subject matters of the videos you are watching. However, to make these ads as relevant as possible for you, we may infer your viewing interests based on videos you have previously viewed on Univision.com, and may use this information to associate your browser with relevant interest categories and show you ads relevant to your inferred interests. For example, if your prior viewing habits on Univision.com suggest that you are a fan of a particular television show of Univision (e.g., if you often view video clips from that show on Univision.com), you may see more ads related to that show while on Univision.com. As another example, if you frequently view sports-related videos on Univision.com, we may associate a sports interest category with your browser and show you more sports-related ads when you are on Univision.com.
(2) Email marketing If you provide your email address or mailing address to us (such as by joining one of our mailing lists), we may use such address to send you product and service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. SeeSection 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our email marketing.
(3) Telemarketing If you provide your telephone or mobile number to us, we may call you to inform you about product/service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our telemarketing.
(4) Mobile marketing Subject to your prior opt-in consent, we may (i) send marketing and advertising messages via SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), etc., to your mobile device and/or (ii) send marketing and advertising emails to your wireless email account (e.g., XYZ@att.mobile.net), to inform you about product/service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. SeeSection 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our mobile marketing (that is, if you wish to opt out of our further use of your information for mobile marketing after you have previously consented to such use). NOTE: The Federal Communications Commission has published a list of domain names used by wireless service providers to transmit emails to wireless devices here. Wireless service providers must add new domain names to this list within 30 days of activating them. If your email address contains a domain name on this list (after the “@” symbol), then we will treat your email address as a wireless email address. However, the mere fact that you can retrieve emails from your regular Internet email accounton your mobile/wireless device, does not make your Internet email address a “wireless” email address.
2.1.3. Market Research Purposes We may use AAI (including UAI and AAI derived from PII) to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves as well as for our Business Partners.
2.2 Disclosure to Third Parties Outside Univision
2.2.1 Disclosure to our Business Partners We may disclose, sell, and otherwise provide PII, AAI and/or UAI to our Business Partners so that they may market and advertise their products and services (including, without limitation, retail stores, finance, real estate, insurance, travel, automotive, telecommunications, technology, electronics, health, beauty, food, beverage, sports, leisure and entertainment goods and services.) directly to our Audiences. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of such information sharing. Please note, however, that we do not knowingly disclose or sell any of the following (if and to the extent collected by us) to our Business Partners for their separate marketing and advertising purposes (except with your prior opt-in consent): credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, and other financial account information; Social Security numbers, or other government-issued identifiers; personal health and medical information; information about personal sexual behavior or orientation; information pertaining to children under the age of 13 at the time of collection; and information indicating the precise real-time geographic location of an individual derived through location-based services such as through GPS-enabled devices (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sensitive Information”). In addition, from time to time, we may co-sponsor events and/or product/service offerings with third parties. If you participate in such co-sponsored events or offerings, any PII and UAI we collect from you based on your participation may be shared with our co-sponsors who may use such information for their own marketing and advertising purposes. YOU MUST CONTACT OUR CO-SPONSORS DIRECTLY IN ORDER TO OPT OUT OF THEIR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
2.2.2 Disclosure to our Service Providers We may disclose PII and UAI to our outside vendors and contractors who need to access such information in order to perform services (including, without limitation, transaction/payment processing, order fulfillment, contest/sweepstakes administration and prize fulfillment, data research and analysis, data collection and processing, data storage, data security, hosting and technical support for the Univision Interactive Network, and marketing and advertising support) for us (hereinafter referred to collectively as “our Service Providers”). Generally, we require that our Service Providers use your information shared by us solely for the purposes of performing services for us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information and not further disclose the information to others.
- INFORMATION ACCESS & OPT -OUT
3.1 Information Access If you have an active user account on the Univision Interactive Network, you may access and update your user account information and preferences at any time (subject to the scheduled maintenance of the Univision Interactive Network), by logging into your account and clicking on “My Account” and then changing your preference. If you do not have an active account on the Site, or if you have provided your information to us offline, you may request to access, delete, update and correct your information as stored by us, by sending your request to us at Univision Interactive Media, Inc., 8200 N.W. 52nd Terrace, Miami, FL 33166. Attention: Update My Information. Your request will be processed as soon as possible. Please note that users can not update or delete previously submitted information on our corporate site: http://corporate.univision.com/media-brands/univision-network/ . If your information (such as your email address) should change, we ask that you re-submit a registration form or request.
3.2 Opt-Out You can opt out of all our marketing uses (including email marketing, mobile email marketing, mobile message marketing, and telemarketing) of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) as well as our sharing of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) with our Business Partners for their marketing uses by sending your request via postal mail at Univision Interactive Media, Inc., 8200 N.W. 52nd Terrace, Miami, FL 33166. Attention: Remove From Email List. We will endeavor to honor your request no later than 10 days after receipt (or within such applicable time period as required by law). To ensure timely processing of your request, please expressly state in your email that you wish to opt out of all further uses and sharing by Univision of your personal information for marketing purposes. Your opt out election, once processed by us, will stop, on a going-forward basis, all further marketing uses and sharing of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) by Univision. In addition, with respect to certain marketing uses of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable), you may exercise your opt-out choice through the following alternative methods:
• Our email / mobile email marketing (i.e., sending marketing emails (including our newsletters) to your Internet email account or your mobile email account):
• Use the opt-out means (e.g., an “unsubscribe” link) provided in a marketing email that you have previously received from us.
• Our mobile message marketing (i.e., sending marketing messages via SMS, MMS, etc. to your mobile phone after you have opted in to receive such messages):
• Reply STOP to a marketing message you have received; OR
• Text STOP to the short code used for the messaging program from which you wish to opt out (if you have enrolled in multiple messaging programs on the same short code and wish to opt out from all those programs, text STOP ALL to the short code).
• Our telemarketing (i.e., making marketing calls to your telephone or mobile phone number):
• Register your telephone or mobile number with the national Do-Not-Call list either online at www.donotcall.gov, or by calling the toll-free number 1-888-382-1222 from the phone number you wish to register (please note that, once you register your phone number on the national Do-Not-Call list, we are required by law to stop telemarketing calls to your number no later than 31 days from the date you register).
HOWEVER, please note the following:
• Your opt-out will NOT stop continued marketing and advertising uses of your information by those of our Business Partners with whom we have already shared your information prior to your opt-out. To opt out of their further use of your information, you must contact them directly (or use the opt-out means provided by them). Also, if you participate in an event or a product/service offering that is co-sponsored by us with one or more third parties, you must contact our co-sponsor(s) directly in order to opt out of their use of your information for marketing and advertising purposes.
We will retain your PII for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you products or services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. AAI and UAI (if not personally identifiable) may be retained indefinitely.
- PROTECTING CHILDREN We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. All products and services of the Univision Interactive Network are intended for general audiences and are NOT directed to children. We do not knowingly permit children under age 13 to register on the Univision Interactive Network for any product or Service. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information about Users under age 13. Children under age 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any Personally Identifiable Information to anyone online or through mobile devices. If you are a parent or legal guardian, we urge you to participate in your child’s online and mobile activities and to use parental control or other Internet and/or mobile filtering technology to supervise your child’s access to the Internet.
5.4 Flash Cookies From time to time, we may or Third Party Advertisers may, use Flash cookies or similar technology to save your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Univision Interactive Network to personalize your experience. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please click here and here. You should know that Flash cookies cannot be rejected, disabled, turned off, opted out, or deleted in the same way as regular cookies such as HTML cookies. Flash cookies may remain on your computer or mobile device even after you have rejected, disabled, opted out, or deleted regular cookies. If you disable Flash cookies, you will not have full access to all products and services of the Univision Interactive Network, and some of our products and services may not function properly.
- DATA SECURITY Protecting the security of your Personally Identifiable Information that you share with us is of the utmost importance to us. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet or any mobile or wireless network and no data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from or within the Univision Interactive Network, and you do so at your own risk. By providing your email address to us (whether on the Univision Interactive Network or otherwise), you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you by email in the event of a breach of security involving your Personally Identifiable Information. We urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or an Internet cafe.